Tuesday, 21 February 2012

21/2/2012 - Day 7

Day 7

Today I once again tried various ways to rig the worm model. I thought I had succeeded after multiple tries but the it didn't work as expected. I guess I have an inkling of how to make it workable.

After some research, I discovered that such rigs would be very hard to make and require lots of effort to maintain it. The only solution to this as it's just for the one shot to manually animate it without skinning the model.

Today we finished most of the test animation for shots 2/3. Shot 1 not so and hopefully I'm able to finish the model by tomorrow. Now, we will focus on experimenting with emitters for the smoke trails/ engine exhaust. Also, we will need to find a way to cause a CG building to crumble in Maya.

For the rest of the day, I tried to add in smoke/explosions/elements in AE to simulate destruction. Here is what I came up with.




We are pretty on track but the only thing that we are worried about is the long render times. Probably have to stay back one of these days to finish up the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment