Monday, 20 February 2012

20/2/2012 - Day 6


20/2/2012 
Today, I continued working on modelling/texturing the worm model I worked on within the weekend.
I decided not to model the drills/tentacles for I fear that it would be hard to animate/rig or composite within the shot.

I also discussed on how to use the model with the scene. After much discussion, we decided that we had to attach emitters to the model so that as it rises out from the ocean, water will be seen streaming down its sides as it flies through the air. Though it will be hard, i guess it will be quite impressive if we do get the shot done right.

I haven't finished rigging the model yet as I'm quite lost as how to rig the model. After consulting with the supervisor, I only had an inkling of how to achieve the desired animation. I guess I'll focus on rigging finish the model by Tuesday or Wednesday for use with shot 1.


Today, the rest of the team worked on animating the planes/spaceships so that hopefully we can start test renders by Wednesday. Full renders of each frame take about 3-8 minutes so we are really worried that rendering will easily take about maybe a week to finish. That's the reason we are rushing the animation right now.

Also, there is the issue of post processing effects to be applied on to the shots later, such as applying explosions, fires. We also toyed around with emitters from missiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment